September 3, 2010
I thought I would close out the week with a few questions I have been asked before which mean someone is mildly interested in my life, which does wonders for my social acceptance issues! HA!
1. What is your favorite blog? I think if I thought about this too much it would take me longer to decide but honestly the blog post I look forward to the most is HYPERBOLE AND A HALF! She is a literary genius and my husband, mom, sister all gather around the computer laughing at her genius! GO Run RIGHT NOW and check it out!
Who is your favorite designer? Hands down Michael Kors! I alas can't afford most of his fabulous designs. I am currently obsessing over this
3. The thing I struggle most with my marriage? I have to say is remembering to be more sensitive to my husband on a day to day basis. I get so caught up in maintaining the household, kids, and scheduling everyone that I forget that he is not on vacation from 8am to 5pm but has also been working. I want to hand off the kids so I can have a moment of quiet, basically asking him to keep them away from me while I cook dinner so they are not crawling in the dishwasher or asking for a snack in 20 creative ways before we eat. I know he is tired and need decompression time but I often forget and throw him from one job to another. Something I need to work on.
4. My biggest judgmental moments? Its a toss up between politics and beauty pageants and I know that sounds weird. If I coudl let loose and be completely Judgy McJudger, I refuse to even listen to why people put their babies and children in beauty pagents, I think its wrong, disgusting and unfortunate. Second politics or peoples view of them. When people are staunch Republican or Democrats and hate the other side just for being so. Its ignorant and puts us as a functioning society a hundred steps back. I know that is asinine and seems non progressive in itself but I don't hate either group of these people but hate the ideal instead.
5. My favorite recipe I make? Lamb meatballs and lasagna roll ups. Its simple and fabulous.
1 pound ground lamb
1 tsp. cumin
a handful of fresh chopped parsley
2 cloves minced garlic
1 egg (room temp)
1Tbs fresh or freeze dried basil
Sm. package of crumbled feta
mix it all together in 2 tbl spoon meatballs put on broiler rack in oven 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
lasagna rollups- boil lasagna till done. mis feta, riccota, mozzerella, fresh parsely,basil and salt. spread mix on lasagna roll up place vertically in glass dish and cover with diced tomatoes mixed with pressed garlic,salt and a 1/2 pound pitted kalamata olives diced. spread over lasagna roll ups and bake at 350 for 15-20 mins.
6. Thing I would change about myself if I could? I am tempted to say a boob job but that's an obvious go to after 3 babes. Honestly I really wish I had the motivation and know how to do my hair everyday. If I could just do my hair everyday I know I would feel better about myself as a whole but that's hard when you realize it 4pm and you have yet to do anything but throw it in a lazy, frizzy ponytail. The days I do my hair I feel more organized and put together. It sounds to simple to be a wish but it is!
Go ahead and leave a comment answering a few of these questions yourself!!